Sunday, October 12, 2008

Labor Day Weekend - Family Time


Meant to post these pics weeks ago. Guess we got all in a tizzy over the hurricane. Anyway, we did some cool stuff over Labor Day.

We checked out Brazos Bend State park. It was a sweltering hot day, but I hiked over 2 miles on my own two feet. There was lots o' sweat and a little bit of whining toward the end of the hike, but I made it and mommy didn't have to carry me. Instead she challenged me to count my step; that distracted me enough to finish the last 250 steps or so.

Next we went to Lake Houston. There is a pretty neat park there and even tho it was still sweltering hot there was a stiff breeze coming off the lake to make it bearable. Did a little walking there, but not nearly as much. ...Oh, and where was Elliot amidst all this walking??? As you'll notice he's riding high in the sky in the backpack carrier. I know! I think mom & dad are slipping with him. He's gonna expect the world on a silver platter now...

1 comment:

  1. looks like Jon has a tiny hand for a second, then you realize it's Gavin's, haha!

    ReplyDelete