Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Trip to BR

So we drove for a long time -- a looooong time, because a lot of our favorite people live in this place called Baton Rouge and we like to visit them from time to time (and we LOVE it when they come visit us :o). Anyway, I'm getting better at riding in the car for hours on end, but I still can't fall asleep in my carseat like I used to. Hhh.

Anyway, we had a great time! We saw lots of friends and learned some important things.

I learned that I am not two-and-a-half anymore I'm "two-and-a-three-quarters." Thank you Aunt Jess Concienne. Now sometimes that comes out before I even introduce myself because I love the reaction I get :o).

I learned how to climb into the treehouse at Nana & Poppa's by myself.

After four full days I finally talked myself into taking a bath in a new tub, only to realize anew that taking a bath is fun and a different tub isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I learned that I have a special bed at Greg and Miranda's house AND a special bed in Aunt Jael's room; who else is that lucky??

Oh! And I have a NEW COUSIN! Where did she come from?? Mom says she came from Aunt Melly's belly, but that rhymes and sounds like a whole lot of silliness to me. Anyway, I really liked going to see her in the hospital. I like saying her name: Lexi (it's the first L sound I've been able to pronounce). My comment was "I think she's really cute." We got to see her one more time before we left town, but I was a little distracted playing with my boy Leighton. I did perk up when Mom was holding her; it still doesn't sit well with me when mom holds other little babies---guess I'm not ready for any more siblings yet. But cousins are wonderful!!!

Well, we are back home and enjoying that. I'd better go watch the election results. My boy McCain better pull this one out (whatever that means...). Okay, a little late for a plug; polls are closed in most places...anyway... tootle loo!
Gav

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to know that it wasn't just my tub that Gavin was afraid of. It's better to know that it's every strange tub. What an odd quirk. He must get it from his dad.

    Hope you guys are doing well. We sure to miss you.

    ReplyDelete