Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Big Brother Chronicles - Pets and parking


Well, it's official these are the dog days of summer. It is so hot & yucky outside that we only go to the park or walk or go to the zoo, or do anything in the morning. And that's pretty tough b/c Eli likes to nap somewhere in there, so if he's going to have any shot at a normal day we stay home a lot. Anyway, to alleviate our cabin fever dad scrubbed off my playground and brought it inside. It's a little cramped to be sure, but much better to have it to climb on inside rather than all the furniture. Elliot thinks he can climb on it too and that makes mom plenty nervous.

Well, I'm experiencing another first: I got my first pets over the weekend. We got two fish and put them in my playroom. They are very high maintenance and have already had a scrape with death when the ammonia levels got too high in their water--whatever that means. Anyway, we like to watch them swim around and the are piggies so they are fun to feed, too.

So Elliot wasn't kidding, I really do like to play with my letters. It's a great thing to do inside and in the car (I have magnet letters & a small board that they stick to); I love to put 'words' together and sound them out; sometimes I get it right. The best is to string a whole bunch of letters together and ask: What does that say, mommy? XPRYEPNMBCQRI haha!

Mom has been telling me what some of the traffic signs say to keep me occupied in the car, so I've become something of a backseat driver: That sign says SPEED LIMIT, mommy! Yellow means slow down. That sign says ONE WAY. It says END ONE WAY over there. There are the railroad tracks! W-O-W that says wow! (billboard). P-h-a-r-m-a-c-y: what's that say mommy? Nooooooo parking!!! All in all, she takes it on the chin.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. Hoping for cooler weather soon!
Gavin

No comments:

Post a Comment