Sunday, August 24, 2008

Big Brother Chronicles - Back in the Saddle Again





Well, I'm pretty much back to my normal inquisitive self these days (what's that sign say, mommy? how bout that one? and that one?? and THAT one????). I am loving the book reading even more now because I get to practice my sight words and sounding out if I want. I'm back to napping and night-nighting with out too much of a fuss...and I don't wake up mad that I'm in the new house anymore. I'm back to playing on my own for more than 26 seconds at a time which gives mommy a little respite during the day. I'm back to only flipping out a couple times a day and for only a couple minutes each time...okay there's an occasional meltdown, but it's not everyday anymore.

We took a trip to Baton Rouge and that seems to have really helped me. I really wasn't so sure that garden of Eden was there anymore. Mom gave me the heads up that we were going and I was really excited about seeing friends & family, but I looked a little bewildered when we drove up to Nana & Poppa's. They told me it was still there and everyone was fine, but nothing reassures like seeing it in person. I had a hoot of a time (tree houses, pool, and fun, oh my!), but I was actually happy to be home once we finally got back (LOTS o driving!!). I'm finally okay with this house being our home now.

And lately I've been counting everything I can get my hands on. I can count all the way to 30, but I unless I really focus I don't always get the orders right. So when I'm just playing it's not uncommon for me to count & count & count a bunch of things and then exclaim with great satisfaction: Mommy, I counted all the way to ELEVEN! The truth of course is that I counted about 57 things, but I ended up saying eleven last, so that's what I counted to.

Elliot finally popped his first tooth out the other day, but you know those cute front teeth in the middle on the top & bottom that usually come out first? Well those are still snuggled in his gums it's one of the next set on top that has made it's debut, prompting mom (that's what I call her lately) to theorize that the other 5 (3 on top & 2 on the bottom) will be out in a hurry to balance things out. We'll see if she's right. Elliot is also cruising all around holding onto furniture (stable and not-so-stable). He can get from one room to the next faster than mommy can keep up.

Gotta git,
Gavin

No comments:

Post a Comment